Thursday, March 12, 2009

The History of the Running Club

joe---Paige & I have been running every morning for the past 4 months. Wait... 5 months. No, 4 months. I have been running for 5 months. Paige joined four months ago. It kind of started because a cute girl had asked me if I wanted to go running in the morning, I was like, "Hek Yeah!" (note: cute girl i'm refering to was not Paige) So for a few weeks, I would wake up every morning, run over to the girl's house (i'm not a creeper) and wake her up (I'm serious, really, i'm not a creeper) and go running. A few weeks into this, she dropped out, interestingly enough this was about the same time i asked her out on a date, and the same time she re-got a boyfriend. . . is re-got even a word?

paige---no. it's not. Luckily I overheard about the running club one evening as Joseph--in true ward mission leader diligence--asked Kenzi if she would commit to go running the next day. I think I just kindof invited myself to join. I was nervous about intruding... but as was implied earlier, I think Kenzi liked the idea of having extra "company" in the club.

joe--- no. she didn't. Anyway, this is when the REAL creepiness began. Every morning, Paige and I would run over to Kenzi's, text her, call her on the phone, knock on her door, pry the screen off the window and see if we could fit through ( ok, that last one only happened once, give me a break . . .and it was Paige's idea) Needless to say, Kenzi started "staying up late doing homework" and couldn't run in the mornings anymore. Weird.

paige---basically our beloved RS president went inactive from the runing club. Then she wouldn't respond to our fellowshipping efforts... so she was excommunicated. Sorry Kenz.
Okay back to the relevant history of the running club:

joe---so, over the past few months, what started as training for the Ragnar Relay eventually turned into a pretty good/freaking awesome friendship. . . .and since Paige likes to blog, I like to write . . . we did what every other, um, . . .duo? does: we decided to start an amazing blog in an attempt to explain the many awesome things that happen while we run every morning.

paige---these are our stories...



:)

5 comments:

janae said...

Wow. The male-female relationship has made some dramatic changes since I left the field not five years ago. You start BLOGS together? Is that some type of glorified hanging out? Oh, I am sooooo out of the loop. I can't even get my husband to blog with me. And the only times we've laughed so hard we were incapacitated was with your parents. Who, parenthetically, ROCK. Ha, ha. Can you do that? Use the word parenthetically without actually using parentheses? Anyway. Back to your lives citizens.

janae said...

ps. I think I just succeeded in having Paige's first opinion of me be that I'm psychotic. Oops! :)

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Haha. Like the tag-team writing style Ü

Oh, and "re-go" was actually me word verification before I could post this comment, so it it must be a real word.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Love this blog. Totally cracking me up. =)

Brenna said...

I love the Law & Order punch line "these are our stories" classic...