Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Facial Hair

So, Paige has this weird obsession with facial hair. Seriously. An obsession. I don't know what's wrong with her.

I can't stand facial hair (on me) because I can't grow hair on my face. My older brothers, they can grow hair. Me. . . not so much.

Anyway, few days ago, Paige convinced me to try and grow out my facial hair for a week. I thought it'd be fun to see what people thought. Honestly, I think Paige had more fun than I did.

For example:

Conversation with my little sister:

"Are you growing a mustache Joe?""--MC

"Maybe." --me

--laughing--MC

--very laughing--Paige

It was interesting how many people I ran into that I hadn't seen in a long time, and how many new people I met. If any of you are reading this and saw me with facial hair, just remember to blame Paige.

Anway, so, here's what I looked like after 4 days ( I had shaved everything but the almost-a-mustache) . You can see it . . . sort of, if you squint one eye a little. It's probably the bad lighting that it's hard to see, not the fact that my facial hair gene is almsot non-existent.

. . . . . I'm not really sure what Paige is doing in the background.

Anyway, after 4 days i gave up (thank you missionaries for calling me and asking if i could come teach with you . . . it was a great excuse).

But, I started wondering what I really would have looked like if I would have continued to grow my facial hair. Here are some possibilities.
1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.
I think I'll keep shaving.



:)

7 comments:

Paige said...

I vote #2 & #6 as candidates for your next trial in facial hair!

And come on, you grew that mustache in only FOUR days... how can you say you can't grow facial hair??

Paige said...

Oh and I'm kinda diggin' that unibrow in the last one...

;)



jk

Nathan and Aubrey said...

#3, definitely #3.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WHATEVER you do, don't go to the airport lookin' like #8. Post 9/11it's not wise to walk around looking like a terrorist. =)

janae said...

You must not know Sam very well, because you are quite mistaken my friend. When we got married Sam only had 3 - count them, THREE - hairs on his upper lip. Honest to goodness. In the last five years he's started to fill out a bit, but he still can't do a beard because he has empty spots by the sides of his mouth and on his cheeks from his chin to his ears. It's a genetic thing. Paul, on the other hand, is part caveman.

janae said...

#8

--Sam

larissa said...

I'm going to go with #4... the creeper that lives down by the river in a van Nasstache