Saturday, July 25, 2009

Running is Fun...Sometimes

I went running hard this week for the first time since Niagra Falls. I have lots of really good excuses for the lack of running, like that my shoes smell bad and that my room is dirty,...um...ok, so i really don't have any good excuses besides that it's freaking hot outside and to go running when it's not 97 degrees outside means that I have to run at 5:00 a.m ...... yuck. But hey, i'm working on it

The week of hard running started in Utah ( I was up there for my brother's wedding http://joerickles.blogspot.com/2009/07/week-in-review.html) The 30 min run accidentally turned into a 65 min run when I got lost trying to get back to my sister-in-law's house (give me a break, it was the first time I had ever run up there before). Anyway, it was slightly embarrassing running by the same house 4 times. The guy mowing his lawn probably thought he was having deja vou (wait...vous?voo? vu? voux? dang french) when he saw this crazy kid in way too short shorts hauling by his house not once, but 4 freaking times.

Luckily I was covered in sweat and was talking to myself trying to find a street that didn't have a dead end. So, yeah, he probably didn't think I was crazy or anything.

Anyway, I'm still alive, and it was a fun run.

1 comment:

janae said...

You didn't tell me about that! Sooooooooooooo funny!!!